In almost all versions of Windows, the driver is a very important component and without the driver, the hardware device will not be able to synchronize with the operating system. So, if you want to install the Canon imageCLASS MF3010 driver manually, you might like to read this article first.
When installing Canon imageCLASS MF3010 drivers, usually most people can get them directly from the vendor’s site or via Windows Update, although not all drivers are provided by Windows Update. Therefore, maybe you can turn off the driver update option to save quota.
So in this tutorial, we will give you a method for installing drivers manually. You can use this method to minimize errors in driver installation.
How to Install Printer Drivers Manually on Windows Devices
If you are using a Windows 10, Windows 7 to Windows 8 laptop, the steps are not much different. The following is a tutorial on how to manually install a printer driver on a Windows computer.
- Please turn on the printer and connect the printer’s USB data cable to your computer or laptop.
- Then, open the Device Manager of the laptop or computer where you want to install or install the printer driver. When you open the device manager you will see a new device/device in the form of a printer, but it is still marked with a question mark. This shows that the new printer is still not fully recognized by Windows because the printer driver is still not installed in Windows.
- On devices that still have a question mark, right-click, then select Update Driver.
- Then there will be a new page giving two options. Continue by clicking on the second option Browse my computer for driver software.
- Then, please select or click on the option Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Next, please select the type of device you want to install in the form of printers, then simply click the Next button to continue.
- In the next stage, please click or select the Have Disk button. Continue by clicking the Next button to proceed to the next stage.
- In the next stage, a new page will appear to select the driver for the laptop or computer that is being used. Please fill in according to the driver you have. Meanwhile, the file that needs to be selected is with the.INF extension, then click/select the open button.
- The next step, the Install from disk window will appear, then click/select the OK button.
- Then the next step is to select the printer type according to the one you are using and continue by clicking/selecting the Next button.
- Then a warning will appear in the form of an Update Driver warning, continue by clicking the YES button so you can proceed to the next stage, namely installing the printer driver.
- Wait a few seconds while the laptop/computer driver installation process begins, until the printer driver installation process is complete and installed successfully. Usually, it will be marked with the words Windows has successfully updated your drivers. Then click the Close button to close the driver installation window again.
Of course, this method of installing the printer driver can still experience failure, so it is very important to check. So you can find out whether installing the printer driver has been successful or not. If it doesn’t work, please start again from the beginning.
Install Drivers Manually on Mac OS Devices
This time we will provide a way to install drivers on the Mac OS device that you use at home. Maybe many of you use Mac OS devices and still don’t know how to install drivers manually. That’s why we will provide several ways to make it easier for you to install drivers manually on your Mac OS device.
- Download the Canon image class printer driver for Mac. You can find this driver on the official website.
- After the download is complete, the next step is to double-click on the file with the .dmg extension and then carry out the compiling process which produces a package file from the Canon driver.
- Double-click on the package file and a screen will appear for installation. Then click continue.
- The next process is to simply click continue in the License Agreement section. Click Continue then Agree.
- After completing the License Agreement, all you have to do is place it for installation. By default then click Install and enter the Mac laptop password.
The installation process will run straight to completion. After that, a success message will appear.
After everything is done and successful. So the next step is that you can try connecting your Canon printer cable to your Macbook. When you want to print a document, the Canon driver is installed properly. This is an example of what it looks like.
How to Manually Install Printer Drivers on Linux OS
Apart from the two operating systems that we have mentioned above, the next step is to manually install drivers on devices that use an operating system such as Linux.
1. Open terminal
The first step is to make sure you are connected to the internet, what we have to do is add additional repositories to the list of repositories in our system, in the following way,
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:/canon-trunk
Then update your system so that the repo we added earlier can work on the system, by writing the command sudo apt-get update
2. Download the libtiff4 library
libtiff4 is just an additional library so that the system can run the printer driver that we installed properly.
If you have installed the library with the following command
For 32-bit systems
sudo dpkg -i libtiff4_3.9.7-2ubuntu1_i386.deb
For 64-bit systems
sudo dpkg -i libtiff4_3.9.7-2ubuntu1_amd64.deb
Several experiments produced an error message after installing the package because the library is a dependency, in other words, the library requires additional libraries, to solve this, just write the following command
sudo apt-get -f install
Make sure there are no error messages.
If so, just install the driver with the command, sudo apt-get install cnijfilter-ip1800series
For example, we use an IP1800 printer, but if you want to install a driver for another version, just change the value to 100 in the command above according to the version you want to install.
That’s how you can install Canon imageCLASS MF3010 drivers manually on your devices which may be using one of the operating systems that we mentioned above.